LJoin the conversation with Mandy Noa of Paint Love who partners with schools and nonprofit organizations to empower youth through creative projects (think murals and residencies) that are artist-led and shaped by trauma-informed standards.
August 31, 2023
Dana Lloyd, Director of Community Outreach and Engagement at the Georgia Advocacy Office, will guide families to consider the variety of decision-making options available to support autonomy and self-determination.
Leslie Lipson JD, owner of Lipson Advocacy and the Georgia Coalition for Equity in Education (GCEE) Director, will coach parents in considering what legal protections IDEA provides in transition planning and maximizing those to support successful post school outcomes.
Check out this graphic Gabby Melnick created that summarizes the
major themes and discussion from our recent in-person event:
Free Summer Music Camp w/ Q Parker – Founding member of 112 R&B group.
Ages 13-17. Youth who are interested in music (performing, producing, etc).
Q Parker has a post (video) on his page on Instagram with more specific details.
This #MondayInspiration was written by Courtney Armstrong, a supervisor in child welfare out of Nebraska. Thank you, Courtney!
Here are a few more favs:
· More than ever, employees are feeling disconnected from their colleagues. The BetterUp Connection Report says this leads to less engagement at work, anxiety, depression, and loneliness. Start building connections with these team-building activities. And if you’re feeling this way, read these strategies for coping.
· [1-Pager] Should you let that comment slide or address it head-on? Here are some approaches to address it as a target, witness, and perpetrator.
· Toxic positivity puts the responsibility on individuals to endure and persevere in dysfunctional, broken systems. This article shares three ways to prevent it.
· [Brief] Shares recommendations on enhancing recruitment efforts during the current workforce crisis.
· [Brief] Research increasingly shows that policies that expand benefits and improve financial security in households with children decrease neglect reports. Here are some questions to consider when assessing neglect in the context of poverty.
· [Podcasts] Listen to this series about sharing power and engaging with those with lived experience -or- check out these new episodes on building tribal child welfare programs that reflect their community values and culture.
National Foster Care Month
It’s National Foster Care Month! Help raise awareness about the importance of conversations with children and youth about their mental health needs while engaged with the foster care system. Access resources and follow the hashtags #FosterCareMonth and #StrengtheningMinds.