Are you in need of those last few training hours for the year? We are here to help!
Come and earn 6 hours in one day at the Inaugural Amerigroup Resource Summit: Promoting Healthy Outcomes!
Here is the link to save your virtual seat:
Join the Georgia Division of Family & Children Services as we celebrate National Adoption Month by recognizing the continuous efforts made by DFCS staff and adoptive families. This year’s’ national theme is, “Small Steps Open Doors.” Throughout this virtual event, we will be celebrating the small steps DFCS staff and adoptive families across the State of Georgia have taken to provide loving homes for children, siblings, and teens in foster care. We will also be highlighting the resources and steps you can take to join in statewide adoption efforts.
November 2, 2022
Registration is now open for the 2022 Teen Summit: Hope Changes Everything!
Join us in Atlanta on Saturday, September 17th, 2022, from 1:00 – 6:00PM for the 2022 Teen Summit: Hope Changes Everything for Suicide Prevention Month, held at the Coca-Cola Roxy! This is a FREE event for teens ages 12 to 17. We have a great line up of speakers and entertainment for our teens, including:
· Marvel Stuntwoman Shauna Galligan
· Magician David Jowers
· Taylor Peyton
· Vera Jo Bustos
· And LIVE musical performances by Jax and Benson Boone!
State of Georgia Post-Secondary Tuition Waiver
For Adopted and Foster Youth
The State of Georgia Post-Secondary Tuition Waiver exempts or waives payment of tuition and fees (and where applicable, on-campus housing) for students attending a technical college within the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG). Eligible students must be a youth or young adult under the age of 28 who is currently in foster care, has experienced foster care, or who was placed for adoption by the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services.
In order to qualify for the Tuition and Fee Waiver, an applicant must:
· Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien who meets the definition of an eligible noncitizen under federal Title IV requirements.
· Be under the age of 28.
· Be foster care or adoption eligible.
· Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) PRIOR to completing the State of Georgia Post-Secondary Education Tuition Waiver application.
· Be currently enrolled full-time or part-time in a public postsecondary educational institution, OR be accepted for admission to a public postsecondary educational institution within 3 years of receiving a high school or GED diploma.
· Remain in good standing and meet the standard for satisfactory academic progress as defined by the public postsecondary educational institution (a grade point average (GPA) that satisfies the college/university’s policy regarding eligibility for financial aid).
For more information about the tuition waiver program and to apply click the link below.